- Moment closure techniques.
- Parallel computing techniques using openMP and GPUs.
- Bayesian parameter estimation, with Richard Boys, Darren Wilkinson and Andrew Golightly.
- Modelling biological processes, with CISBAN.
- Hayley Moore: Modelling sheep herding (joint with Dr Andrew Baggaley).
- Jack Walton: Parameter inference in Bird Flocking models (joint with Dr Andrew Fletcher and Dr Andrew Baggaley).
- Sophie Harbisher: Bayesian Experimental Design (joint with Dr Dennis Prangle).
Past Research Students
- Jamie Owen: Scalable Bayesian Computation (joint with Prof Darren Wilkinson).
- Martin Sim: Characterisation of how bacterial cells control-virulence associated abundance (joint with Dr Phillip Aldridge).
- Nina Wilkinson (joint with Prof Richard Boys and Prof Doug Gray).
- Holly Ainsworth: Parameter inference for stochastic population models (joint with Prof Richard Boys).
- Peter Milner: Approximating large stochastic models (joint with Prof Darren Wilkinson), 2007 - 2011.
- Seb Mellor (2011): Developing a hyperSpec GUI, joint with Claudia Beleites. A Google summer of code project.
- Seb Mellor (2010): Stochastic simulation using GPUs. EPSRC summer studentship (poster)
- Nina Wilkinson (2009): Integration of large omics datasets. EPSRC summer studentship.
- David Cushing (2009): Using Maple TA for Pure Mathematics courses. Funded through my University teaching fellowship.
- Nina Wilkinson and Joe Woodward (2008): Using Maple TA for online assessment. Funded through my University teaching fellowship.
- Rochelle Firth and Susanna Roig (2007): Investigating interesting stochastic models and algorithms, joint with Dr Andrew Golightly. Funded by the BBSRC.
- Jennifer Unwin (2006): Investigating Metabolic Control Analysis, joint with Prof Darren Wilkinson. Funded by the BBSRC.