I'm a lecturer in the School of Mathematics & Statistics. If you are one of my students, then you may like to look at my teaching links.
My main research interests:
- Moment closure techniques
- Statistical computing
- Stochastic kinetic modelling
- miRNA biomarker for improving the diagnostic pathway of primary Sjögren’s syndrome associated lymphoma (MRC) - with Prof Fai Ng.
- IAA Knowledge Transfer Secondment - Shell (EPSRC).
- Identifying the Biological Fingerprints of Fatigue - Dr Katherine James (MRC) - and others.
- Probability and kinetics of inclusion formation - Nina Wilkinson, BBSRC DTG funded PhD student (2011-14), jointly supervised with Dr Viktor Korolchuk (Institute for Ageing and Health), Prof Richard Boys and Prof Doug Gray (University of Ottawa)
- Bayesian inference for stochastic models in systems biology - Holly Ainsworth, EPSRC funded PhD student (2009-14), jointly supervised with Prof Richard Boys
- Scalable Bayesian Inference - Jamie Owen, jointly supervised with Prof Darren Wilkinson
I'm also creating a course on Efficient R programming with datacamp