I'm a lecturer in the School of Mathematics & Statistics. If you are one of my students, then you may like to look at my teaching links.
My main research interests
- Statistical computing
- Stochastic kinetic modelling
- Moment closure techniques
Currently funded research projects
- Identifying the Biological Fingerprints of Fatigue - Dr Katherine James (MRC) - with Prof Fai Ng and others.
- Probability and kinetics of inclusion formation - Nina Wilkinson, BBSRC DTG funded PhD student (2011-14), jointly supervised with Dr Viktor Korolchuk (Institute for Ageing and Health), Prof Richard Boys and Prof Doug Gray (University of Ottawa)
- Bayesian inference for stochastic models in systems biology - Holly Ainsworth, EPSRC funded PhD student (2009-14), jointly supervised with Prof Richard Boys
- Scalable Bayesian Inference - Jamie Owen, jointly supervised with Prof Darren Wilkinson
I am running R courses April 2014:
- Introduction to R (April 7th)
- Statistical modelling (April 8th)
- Programming with R (April 9th)
- Efficient R programming (April 10th)
- Advanced graphics (April 11th)
See the course web site for further details.