I'm a lecturer in the School of Mathematics & Statistics. If you are one of my students, then you may like to look at my teaching links.
My main research interests
- Statistical computing
- Stochastic kinetic modelling
- Moment closure techniques
Currently funded research projects
- Identifying the Biological Fingerprints of Fatigue - Dr Katherine James (MRC) - with Prof Fai Ng and others.
- Probability and kinetics of inclusion formation - Nina Wilkinson, BBSRC DTG funded PhD student (2011-14), jointly supervised with Dr Viktor Korolchuk (Institute for Ageing and Health), Prof Richard Boys and Prof Doug Gray (University of Ottawa)
- Bayesian inference for stochastic models in systems biology - Holly Ainsworth, EPSRC funded PhD student (2009-14), jointly supervised with Prof Richard Boys
- Scalable Bayesian Inference - Jamie Owen, jointly supervised with Prof Darren Wilkinson
I am running R courses January 2015:
- Introduction to R (Jan 19th)
- Statistical modelling (Jan 20th)
- Programming with R (Jan 21st)
- Efficient R programming (Jan 22nd)
- Advanced graphics (Jan 23rd)
See the course web site for further details.