Michael A. Dritschel
|| || Besides being a mathematician, I am a keen
around 7000km per year. The first is a photo from 2017, when I
cycled the Grand Tour des Alpes from Geneva to Nice, and the
second is from a cycle tour in
2018 mainly through France, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy, taken
at the San Bernadino pass in Switzerland. |
These are, broadly speaking, complex function theory, operator theory
and operator algebras. There are also connections to real algebra.
Some papers, with links to arxiv versions, include:
non-negative operator valued trigonometric polynomials in two
- joint with Batzorig Undrakh, Rational dilation
problems associated with constrained
algebras. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 467 (2018),
no. 1, 95—131.
- joint with Daniel Estévez and Dmitry Yakubovich, Resolvent criteria for
similarity to a normal operator with spectrum on a
curve. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 463 (2018), no. 1,
- joint with Daniel Estévez and Dmitry Yakubovich, Traces of analytic
uniform algebras on subvarieties and test
collections. J. Lond. Math. Soc. (2) 95 (2017),
no. 2, 414—440.
- joint with Daniel Estévez and Dmitry Yakubovich, Tests for complete
sets. J. Funct. Anal. 273 (2017), no. 3,
- joint with Michael Jury and Scott McCullough, Scott Dilations and
constrained algebras. Oper. Matrices 10 (2016),
no. 4, 829—861.
- Realizations via
preorderings with application to the Schur class.
- joint with Tirtha Bhattacharyya and Chris Todd, Completely bounded
kernels. Acta Sci. Math. (Szeged) 79 (2013),
no. 1-2, 191—217.
- joint with James Pickering, Test functions in constrained
interpolation. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 364 (2012),
no. 11, 5589—5604.
- joint with Jim Rovnyak, The operator Fejér-Riesz
theorem. A glimpse at Hilbert space operators,
223—254, Oper. Theory Adv. Appl., 207, Birkhäuser
- joint with Milne Anderson and Jim Rovnyak, Schwarz-Pick inequalities
for the Schur-Agler class on the polydisk and unit
ball. Comput. Methods Funct. Theory 8 (2008), no. 1-2,
- joint with Scott McCullough, Test functions, kernels,
realizations and interpolation. Operator theory, structured
matrices, and dilations, 153—179, Theta
Ser. Adv. Math., 7, Theta, Bucharest, 2007.
- joint with Scott McCullough and Stefania Marcantognini, Interpolation in
semigroupoid algebras. J. Reine Angew. Math. 606
- joint with Scott McCullough, The failure of rational
dilation on a triply connected
domain. J. Amer. Math. Soc. 18 (2005), no. 4,
- joint with Hugo Woerdeman, Boundary representations
for families of representations of operator algebras and
spaces. J. Operator Theory 53 (2005), no. 1,
List of publications through MathSciNet,
the pdf version of the Math Reviews of these articles, and
List of publications through Zentralblatt MATH
Michael A. Dritschel
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics
Newcastle upon Tyne
School web page:
Newcastle University's web page:
©2019, Michael A. Dritschel
Last modified: Wed Jan 16 12:38:01 GMT 2019