Course Notes and Exercises
- Course booklet containing the lecture notes.
- Handbook containing the main definitions and
formulae from the notes.
- Slides used in the lectures
- Problem class exercises (solutions on blackboard)
- Assignment Exercises (solutions on blackboard)
- Computer Practicals:
- Video lectures by Tim Bennett, Editor of MoneyWeek:
More videos, relevant to the module,
can be found in "Places of Interest" below.
- There are 4 written assignments.
- Written assignments should be handed in to the General Office
or lecturer by 1pm on
the Friday of the week in which they are due.
- There are 4 computer based assessments (CBA).
Instructions on completing these CBA assessments are
Each CBA will be open in practice mode for a week,
then open in exam mode for
a week, by the end of which it must have been submitted.
- CBA Timetable
- Marks for all assignments will be available on
- There is one 90 minute exam at the end of the module.
- Past exam papers are
put on the web by the university: enter MAS1243 or MAS2243 in
- Exam questions covered in the
revision lectures; roughly in the format of the 2013-2014 exam.
Semester 1 (2013/2014) Timetable
- Lectures / Problem Classes / Computer Labs / Tutorials are on
- Mondays 16:00 Merz L101
- Wednesdays 10:00 Merz L101
- Fridays 15:00 Herschel LT1 (or Herschel PC cluster)
- Office hours: Mondays 15:00-16:00, Friday 14:00-15:00, Herschel Building, office 2.28
- Room 2.28, level 2, Herschel Building
- email A.J. Duncan
Places of Interest
Last modified: Fri Jan 10 21:02:49 GMT 2014